Powered By Blogger

Starstruck

Starstruck
Creative Writing for health, well-being and fun!

Saturday 20 December 2008

Naturally, just before Christmas, I find myself laid low by some currently fashionable virus. So - pause for thought. Most of the preps are done. I could force myself - coughing and weeping - to trail round the shops again. But why?

Christmas for me is not a godless time. It begins with the Christmas Eve Service at Chester Cathedral - all carols and candles, and memories of people, now gone, who loved Christmas and shared that with me. And the life-affirming mystery of the Word of God.

I'm Friday's Child, loving and giving. So Christmas is just right for me. It's one of those opportunities when you can still smile at strangers and outpour your own natural warmth - without being regarded as a suspicious character with a hidden agenda.

And, no, I don't care that I haven't a new sofa!

Happy Christmas, everyone!

No comments: