Powered By Blogger

Starstruck

Starstruck
Creative Writing for health, well-being and fun!

Saturday 25 February 2012

Pen or Keyboard - the means of committing creative words to paper

There is nothing like hand-writing your thoughts. Sometimes when I'm journaling, I look at the tip of my pen or pencil and think 'Was all that stuff in you? Or in me?' Of course, I know it was me. I'm not losing my grip here. But the magic that seems to happen when I put pen to paper doesn't seem to happen when I sit at the computer. Just an observation. Not a recommendation to restrict writing to pen and paper.But I do think that pen and paper capture the Artist-Writer and the computer deals with the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder requirements of the Inner Editor. So - as usual - I can see a place for both.

No comments: